September was a month of significant change for TF Chosin. Battle Company established a powerful presence along the Battalion’s boundary by constructing a new outpost in a vital village complex that controls ingress and egress. Battle Company continues to secure the lead development efforts in their area of operations, and hosted the ribbon cutting of a major village renovation project. Finally the weather is starting to cool off. Daytime temperatures are feeling about right in the low 90’s, and the evening temperatures are feeling a little cool for overnight missions hovering around 70 degrees. The new company mission set has the Soldiers out in strong points for four days before they rotate back through to COP Sangsar. Due to this, the Soldiers only have a small window every couple days to access the MWR phones and internet. Battle Company took on additional security efforts, built a school, then built it again when the first one burned down, and prepared the bazaar area just outside of COP Sangsar for its Grand Opening. All the hard work paid off, as the local children play on the newly installed playground equipment and soccer field – something these children have likely never experienced before. The doors to the school will open shortly and Battle Company will start a program using the Afghanistan National Army partners and interpreters to teach local children how to read.
Wow! It's been a long time since I've added to this blog. I guess you could say life has gotten busy. Since the last post, in 2013, much has happened. Here are the major events in the last seven years: 1. Ryan got off active duty military and we moved to Berea, Kentucky. Ryan enrolled at Eastern Kentucky University. Ryan also joined the Kentucky National Guard. From moving so much I became fascinated with simplicity and minimalism. I am now a self proclaimed minimalist. I love having less stuff! 2. Ivy Helen was born on January 10th, 2014. 3. Summer of 2014 we moved to Bozeman, Montana. Ryan studied aviation at Montana State University. Ryan joined Montana National Guard. I got back into full time cosmetology educating. I also worked at MSU family housing. 5. Ryan graduated and is official a commercially rated pilot. We moved to New York for Ryan to go to aviation mechanic school. Ryan got out of the military completely and transition bec...
Comments
Post a Comment