Wow! It's been a long time since I've added to this blog. I
guess you could say life has gotten busy. Since the last post, in 2013, much has
happened. Here are the major events in the last seven years:
1. Ryan got off active duty military and we moved to Berea,
Kentucky. Ryan enrolled at Eastern Kentucky University. Ryan also joined
the Kentucky National Guard. From moving so much I became fascinated with
simplicity and minimalism. I am now a self proclaimed minimalist. I love having
less stuff!
2. Ivy Helen was born on January 10th, 2014.
3. Summer of 2014 we moved to Bozeman, Montana. Ryan studied aviation at Montana State University. Ryan joined Montana National Guard.
I got back into full time cosmetology educating. I also worked at MSU
family housing.
5. Ryan graduated and is official a commercially rated pilot. We
moved to New York for Ryan to go to aviation mechanic school. Ryan got out of the military completely and transition became difficult. Ryan's struggle with PTSD and major depression hit hard. He quit mechanic school and started working as a drone pilot for
the Air Force Research Lab. We began looking for resources and guidance on how to deal
with PTSD and depression. Ryan attended Save A Warrior.
6. Frederick Mitchell was born on July 8th, 2017
7. 2020 Ryan and I take a major risk. Ryan quits his contracting
job and enrolls in online school through Liberty University studying Military
Resiliency. I enroll at BYU-Idaho to study Social Media Marketing.
Major events have happened in the last seven years. We have had
many ups and downs and moves! We are working really hard right now to change
our course and proactively build the life we want. PTSD, depression and
negative coping methods have allowed us to be acted upon too much. We are
finding renewed strength, educating ourselves and with the guidance of our
Father in Heaven, his son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost we hope to build a fulfilling, joyful life.

Comments
Post a Comment