Each month that passes brings so much change to the company’s operations, yet the Soldier’s continue to display their dedication to the mission on a daily basis. Our pace has increased during the Afghanistan holy month of Ramazan so that Battle Company can continue to dismantle enemy operations and connect with the local populace around us. One day we seize terrain from the enemy and establish defensive positions, and the next we’re building a new Education Center and refurbishing the local bazaar. We added a barber Shop and hopefully soon we’ll have a place for Soldiers to watch movies. The operational tempo remains high as we work hard to improve security here and assist the local population. The days are still very hot, but with September just around the corner we’re hoping for some cooler weather in the coming weeks. We have made significant progress in reducing the Taliban’s ability to move men, weapons, and equipment into our area of operations, thus severely limiting their ability to conduct operations against us.
Wow! It's been a long time since I've added to this blog. I guess you could say life has gotten busy. Since the last post, in 2013, much has happened. Here are the major events in the last seven years: 1. Ryan got off active duty military and we moved to Berea, Kentucky. Ryan enrolled at Eastern Kentucky University. Ryan also joined the Kentucky National Guard. From moving so much I became fascinated with simplicity and minimalism. I am now a self proclaimed minimalist. I love having less stuff! 2. Ivy Helen was born on January 10th, 2014. 3. Summer of 2014 we moved to Bozeman, Montana. Ryan studied aviation at Montana State University. Ryan joined Montana National Guard. I got back into full time cosmetology educating. I also worked at MSU family housing. 5. Ryan graduated and is official a commercially rated pilot. We moved to New York for Ryan to go to aviation mechanic school. Ryan got out of the military completely and transition bec...
Comments
Post a Comment